Carbon Monoxide Poisoning- What you can do to protect yourself and your family

November 29, 2011

CIA Let Property Blog

 

One of the many Carbon Monoxide detectors you can have in your home

One of the most important things you should have in your home, along with a smoke alarm, is a carbon monoxide detector.

Carbon monoxide (also known as carbonous oxide) is a colourless, tasteless, odorless gas. All of these factors put together make this on of the deadliest gases as it is so hard to detect.

The most common symptoms to look out for in carbon monoxide poisoning are headaches, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, fatigue and a general feeling of weakness. Neurological signs to look out for are confusion, disorientation, visual disturbance and seizures. Carbon monoxide may also harm the fetus of a pregnant woman.

With all of these negative points a carbon monoxide detector is a must in the home. The detectors are designed to measure CO levels over time and if the level is about to reach a dangerous point the detector will sound an alarm to alert you to the impending danger.

To potentially save lives make sure you have a CO detector in your home, landlords if you are renting out your property you also need to make sure the adequate equipment is fitted to save lives.

Advertisements
, ,

Subscribe

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: