Property owners should be aware, protect your tenants or be prosecuted!

October 19, 2011

CIA Let Property Blog

A man from Huddersfield prosecuted for failing to stick to his landlord duties

A man who rented out his property in Huddersfield has been prosecuted for ignoring the persistent warnings in relation to gas safety in the property. Property owners, many of whom already invest in landlords building insurance, should take extra care and take gas safety seriously and should be reminded of the dangers if they do not protect their tenants.

Gas appliances should be checked by a gas safe registered engineer and give tenants proof and peace of mind that all the checks have been done and everything is operating safely in the property.

Dr Angus Robbins is health and safety executive inspector and inspected the case, said : ” In addition to the risks of fires and explosions from faulty gas appliances, many people are made ill, and some 20 people dies from carbon monoxide poisoning every year owing to poorly maintained gas appliances.”

The landlord prosecuted was fined £3,000 and ordered to pay £2,089.25 in costs.

source http://www.hvnplus.co.uk/news

We hope you found this information useful. Please remember to use CIA Insurance when you or your family and friends need motorcycle insurance, landlords insurance or commercial insurance.

Advertisements
, , , , , ,

Subscribe

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: